20110222

Cafe Owner - amended

I was a café owner in Tai Koo, and my business was not bad. Many customers chatted with me. I was the cafe owner and a waiter. I thought as an owner needed to know the customers what they liked and what their suggestions were, to make my café famous in Tai Koo.

.

There were four waiters in the cafe and two bartenders. They earned a high salary, so they were not angry about anything. They were all my best friends. Tom and Jack, the bartenders, were my classmates in university. Our English was better than that in other cafes. We had a lot of customers and we made a lot of money.

.

One day, a tourist went to our cafe and he saw a waiter being very polite. The tourist felt relaxed when we chatted with him. After a month, he brought many foreigners to our cafe, and they spent a lot of money on our desserts and coffee. Tom kept talking with a magazine owner, but Tom did not know who he was.

.

After a month, there were a lot of foreigners going to our café. One day, a foreigner left a magazine and I saw that there were a lot of pages about my café. I always eavesdropped on the customers, and I was very happy with my job at that time. Tom opened a new café in Tai Koo, and it was our new branch, and he was the café owner too.

.

When I eavesdropped on the customers, they said that they found a gun in a swimming pool. I was very worried and did not know what they would do. They might kill people or rob the bank near our café. I was very scared and called the police quickly. When the police had come, those customers did not escape. The police questioned them, and I knew they were off-duty policemen and they needed to get a gun from the swimming pool in the police station.

.

I was very surprised that my customers were policemen. Then, I got the “Best Restaurant Award” from a magazine in Hong Kong and my café became very famous in Hong Kong. Every day, there were office workers who are in a hurry, relaxed people, expatriates, HKCEE students before the exams and tourists coming to my café.

.

From then on, I did not need to be a waiter, but I still did it or else I would be bored. So I was a waiter and owner again.

No comments: