20101109

Living on My Own - amended

One day, my parents and I fought at home. I was very angry and ran away quickly. I brought all my things to the dormitory. My friend Johnny and I lived there. I like my dormitory. It was not small, but our things made the room look small. We agreed to take turns to do the housework. I would do it on Sundays, and he would do it on Wednesdays.

.

I had a part-time job in a convenience store. Johnny was a waiter in a restaurant. The job was not hard for me, because there were not many people buying things. But Johnny disliked his job, because the restaurant was in a famous place. After worked, we would have dinner at the dormitory. I always cooked dinner, because Johnny was very tired when he went back to the dormitory. We worked a lot so we had saved a lot of money.

.

I worked on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. I went to school from Monday to Wednesday. It was a good plan for us to save money. We wanted to buy a flat and lived together. One day when I went to school, a man pushed me suddenly, and I hurt myself. The man was my classmate. I disliked him when I was in secondary school.

.

After school, I worked the convenience store. I always took something back to the dormitory, like ice-creams, drinks and snacks. The boss treated me very well. After three years, we left the dormitory. Johnny and I bought a flat. Our flat was in Shek Tong Tsui, and it was a good place for us. The Shek Tong Tsui Municipal Services Building and the Shek Tong Tsui Market was closed to our flat.

.

When I was twenty-one years old, I visited my family. My sister lived at home, and didn’t leave. It was not a bad thing for me. I was lucky to live on my own, and I knew how to handle disputes, face the reality, go outside for more experience and be a mature person. I became an adult.

No comments: